Over the past couple of years, CBD has invaded the market with its popularity, safe usage, and numerous benefits in the health and wellness field. Cannabinoid or CBD oil comes from cannabis sativa plant that is visibly effective especially in major diseases like epilepsy, depression and pain management, etc. The significant advantage which makes CBD safe and legal is that it does not contain the psychoactive element Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) which apparently causes “high” feeling in its users.
While the confusion prevails related the hemp or CBD oil within its users, it’s essential to know that both the oils come from the same species of the plant. However, the mechanism and health benefits of both the hemp and CBD oil are drastically different because of their origin from the plant.
Hemp oil is extracted from the seeds of the plant cannabis. This type of oil can be manufactured from all plants in the cannabis genus, but industrial hemp is the only plant used for making hemp oil. The psychoactive element- THC is minimal in hemp oil, making it safe to use. Nevertheless, the CBD content in hemp oil is also reduced to the extent that it only has nutritional value rather than medicinal effects.
Usage of Hemp oil:
- Hemp oil could be used as cooking oil due to the high content of nutrients in it.
- It is easily seen in the food market and could be replaced by olive oil.
- Hemp oil is high in omega-3, omega-6, and unsaturated fats, providing great taste to foods.
- It can be naturally used in many different applications like lotions and moisturizers for skin care.
- Oil from hemp is the best alternative to different plastic forms.
- It is eco-friendly oil, best used for the production of paints instead of petroleum-based paints.
- Like other vegetable oils, hemp oil can also be used as bio-diesel fuel.
- Hemp oil is vastly used in the manufacturing of soaps, lotions, and several different food products.
CBD or cannabis oil is naturally extracted from flower, leaves or stalk of the plant. CBD oil has a considerable amount of cannabidiol. Therefore, it has become popular in the medical marijuana industry. The minimal or no amount of THC element, also makes it safer and legal throughout the country like hemp oil. High level of CBD maximizes the potency of the end product of the oil. Hence, making it beneficial in combating many diseases.
Usage of CBD oil:
- CBD oil is best for restraining the symptoms of depression, and several other psychological illnesses like mood swings, energy fluctuation, anxiety disorders, etc.
- Chemicals in CBD oil aids in cancer treatment.
- CBD oil shows optimal results in controlling seizures, particularly in epileptic patients.
- It controls the symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease.
- CBD contains anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects, making it best for pain management.
- It is also used in neurodegenerative diseases.
- CBD oil provides calming effects, reducing many negative aspects of marijuana.
- CBD oil also rejuvenates skin cells, hence best for acne and blemishes.
Cannabis sativa plant has at least more than 113 different cannabinoids exhibit varied effects. The notable classes of cannabinoid include tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabidiol (CBD). THC refers to a psychoactive element or psychotropic cannabinoid. It produces “high” feeling in its users, making it unsafe to use. Whereas CBD is a major phytocannabinoid, accounting for at least 40% of the plant extract. It does not produce intoxicating effects such as those of THC.
The CBD and THC oil are extracted from the plant. However, both the substances interact differently with endocannabinoid system naturally present in human body. Their opposite mechanism evidently makes CBD oil more effective in medicinal use as compared to THC oil.
Effects of THC oil on the human body:
• Altered sense of sight, hearing, and smell
• Decreased motor coordination
• Postural hypotension
Some of the medicinal effects of THC oil:
- Chemotherapy: THC oil is beneficial in subsiding the side effects of chemotherapy. It reduces nausea and vomiting while increasing the appetite of the patient.
- AIDS: Another severe condition in which THC oil proved to be highly effective. The usage of THC oil in AIDs can alleviate the symptoms by stimulating eating and appetite.
- Glaucoma: THC oil reduces pressure building in the eye due to glaucoma.
- Spinal Injury: THC oil produces effects that combat the tremors after spinal cord injury. The effectiveness of THC oil also reduces tremors in Parkinson’s disease.
Effects of CBD Oil on the human body:
CBD has the chemical formula same as THC, the only difference that makes CBD more vital than THC is the arrangement of its atoms. This primary reason makes CBD lacks psychoactive influence in a human body. Therefore, CBD oil is an essential and significant candidate for medical use.
What are the best ways to take CBD oil/Hemp oil?
You have seen different mechanisms, science, news, and anecdotes about CBD or Hemp oil supplements. With the wide variety of available products in the market, it is essential to do your homework and find out the best ways to take CBD oil/hemp oil.
Method 1: Pure Hemp Oil Concentrates (Sublingual method)
Sublingual method (under the tongue) is beneficial for users who are sensitive to taste. Hemp oil concentrates when placed in the sublingual region quickly goes into the bloodstream through tiny capillaries, without needing to go through the digestive system.
This mechanism produces speed up the interaction of oil concentrates with endocannabinoid system in the body. The sublingual method is best for quick effects of hemp oil concentrates.
Method 2: Hemp Oil Tinctures (Sublingual method)
Hemp oil tinctures or drops comes in a glass bottle and are often mixed with healthy ingredients like coconut oil, spearmint, terpenes, other essential oils or natural herbs depending on the manufacturers.
Hemp oil tinctures are also used through sublingual method. It takes 60 to 90 seconds to go into the bloodstream while rest you can swallow. The sublingual method is best for quick effects as it lets the oil bypass the digestive system and liver metabolism, allowing the compounds to interact immediately with endocannabinoid system.
Method 3: Hemp E-Liquid (Inhalation or Vaporization Method)
Hemp oil E-liquid or commonly known as vapes are a very much straightforward method to use. The vaping is one of the quickest and powerful ways to mix the compound into the bloodstream through lungs. The inhalation of CBD/hemp oil proves to be a relaxing process as the vape heats the CBD oil just enough to produce quick results.
- The best way to use hemp E-liquid is to either fill the vaporizer with the oil or use the vape kit.
Method 4: Ingest Orally (Ingestion Method)
Perhaps ingestion is commonest and well-known method for taking medicine or supplements in orally capsule form. Capsules of CBD or hemp oil can be easily swallowed with the mouthful of water or juice. Hemp oil capsules first enter into the digestive system and metabolize in the liver, then making the active compounds mix into the bloodstream.
- CBD can be infused with the wide variety of edibles or beverages including coffee.
Method 5: Topical Method
CBD or hemp oil is also available topically in the form of lotions or salves for external application on skin. The active ingredients in such products interact with the cells of skin layer while not entering into the bloodstream. Topical CBD oil is best for individuals who are looking for isolated pain relief for muscles, joints or to address severe skin conditions only.
Some companies also manufacture topical hemp or CBD oil within the range of beauty products like body wash, shampoo, skin conditioners or moisturizing lotions.
How much CBD oil should I take? or how many drops of CBD oil do I have to use?
A crucial question that often struck in mind is how much CBD oil should be used. Although a user manual is attached with the medically manufactured CBD oil, yet it is essential to know the right amount of oil for you. CBD oil reacts differently in every person, therefore, understanding your physiological system and listening to your body need should take in to notice while starting a CBD oil regime.
Standard dosing recommendation for CBD oil
The dosing recommendation of CBD oil differs according to the brand, making it highly confusing for its users. However, through this standard recommendations, you would be able to determine whatever amount your body needs without stressing.
- It is essential to start by taking 1 drop of CBD oil on the first day.
- Increase the amount of 2 drops per day during the first 3-4 weeks.
- In the initial weeks, thoroughly notice the change in symptoms.
- If you do not experience the reduction of the symptoms after 3-4 weeks, increase the number of drops gradually until you notice the desired results.
- Do not take drops all at once. This might produce adverse effects in your body.
- It is essential to spread the usage evenly over the entire day, such as taking the appropriate dosage three times a day.
The major point about CBD oil is that its concentration varies at preparations. It can range from 1 milligram to hundreds of milligrams per dose. Hence, carefully monitoring the dose according to your disease is not only firmly advised but essential for you as well.
CBD oil dosage according to severity of the condition and weight of an individual
It is crucial to decide the appropriate amount of CBD Oil for your system. Thus, for better understanding, we have found the “best practices” chart from CBD dosage. With the help of this below chart, you can determine the starting point as per your body weight and condition’s requirement.
Where can you find the best Hemp oil and CBD oil products?
Where to buy the best CBD/hemp oil?” is visibly the most asked question since the miracle oil prevailed in the market. In the past recent years, the sales of CBD oil shot up tremendously. However, it is not readily available for everyone.
As of now, there are only 9 U.S. states that permit the use of medical marijuana and 29 out of 50 states that allow the use of CBD oil. Along with that, unfortunately, according to Federal Law, one has to acquire medical marijuana card beforehand.
Perhaps with the problem comes solution, there is a few top brand online from where you can buy CBD oil. However, smart way to judge the brand is to do some homework before buying. There are five crucial points that you must see before ordering CBD oil online:
- The company declare the lab results
- The CBD oil extraction method is CO2
- The company also value 3rd party lab to test its products
- Plant is free from herbicides, pesticides, and chemical fertilizers
- The company is willing to give money-back guarantee of its CBD oil products
For your better understanding, we have found some of the best online websites through which you can order best-quality CBD oil:
The company applies supercritical carbon dioxide extraction method using American organic hemp. This privately-owned company guarantees the premium quality CBD products at the most affordable price. Beyond botanical provide CBD oil in a number of forms such as edible, tinctures, isolates, topical, massage oil and vape liquids.
- Pros – 3rd party laboratory tested, non- GMO.
- Cons – CBD isolates is only 99% pure.
Check out their CBD oil different products on: https://www.beyondbotanicals.com/
Elixinol is a father in CBD oil industry. It ensures 100% best quality hemp products which are a source from the finest growing regions throughout the world. Elixinol is prevalent in the market since three decades, ensuring their top-notch CBD oil products.
- Pros- Elixinol hemp oil products have diversities such as balms, protein powder, liposomes, oral applicators and even CBD for the dog treat.
- Cons- Elixinol products are not cheap.
Visit their website: https://elixinol.com/
CBDPure is certified organically grown hemp from Denmark. The industrial manufactured CBD product is high quality, 100% legal and safe to consume. CBDPure ensures the effectiveness of hemp dietary supplement. The company only provides hemp in liquid form and claims the optimal purity standard.
- Pros- Hemp oil extracts come in different 100mg, 300mg and 600 mg bottles for your convenience. CBDPure provides 90-day guarantee for its users.
- Cons- CBDPure hemp oil is expensive.
Check out the product on http://www.cbdpure.com
Final verdict on best ways to take CBD oil or Hemp oil
After an enormous gathered information on the best ways to take CBD oil or hemp oil, our final vote would be in favour of tincture method. It is mainly because the tincture method allows you to get an exact dosing of CBD oil. In this way, you can start with a low dose as per your requirement without having a fear of swallowing excessive. The other major advantage of tincture is that it absorbs quickly mainly if you are taking it via sublingual region.